As a trained mediator, John listens attentively and strives to bring the parties to the same side of the table so the problem itself may be viewed as the common enemy to be overcome through the joint efforts of the parties ( and their attorneys if they are represented) and himself as mediator.
- Hundreds of hours of continuing legal education
- 80 hours a formal mediation training.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) Degee from the University of Denver College of Law
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree from Northwestern University
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree from Stanford University
- Colorado Gerontological Society
- Colorado Bar Association, Elder Law Section
- Colorado Bar Association, Alternate Dispute Resolution Section
- Guardianship Alliance of Colorado
With Priscilla, his former wife, he raised two successful daughters. The older is the mother of two, a much admired grandson and a sparkling granddaughter. The younger is married to a young attorney and is mother of another sparkling granddaughter.
John has a wide range of interests. He is a voracious reader of history with a great love of language. He reads and recites cowboy poetry and other verse, and he has appeared in community theater. As a member of the Radio Historical Association of Colorado, John authored, directed, and participated in historical radio broadcast recreations and was instrumental in arranging several old time radio conventions. He is a past officer of the Rocky Mountain Canoe Club and has been a frequent participant and leader of white water canoe trips. John is an enthusiastic supporter of Denver’s folk music community and can often be seen at concerts and other events at Swallow Hill Music Association.